Why Should You Diffuse Certified Pure Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils?
Because aromatherapy is far more than just the smell
To most people, aromatherapy is nothing more than enjoying the relaxing fragrance of essential oils. They light a scented candle, and let the stresses of the day slip away. Or, maybe they will place some essential oils in a small dish and set it over a lighted candle to create a romantic mood. Other people burn some incense to cover bad odors in the house. In any case, the point is merely to fill the air with a pleasing aroma to achieve some desired effect.
However, this isn't really aromatherapy. It's recreational fragrancing.
It's a fact: True aromatherapy is much more than just the smell
Everyone knows that essential oils can fill a room with exquisite fragrances; and, it's well known that aroma reaches and influences the deepest parts of our being. But, true aromatherapy not only delivers the calming benefits of fragrance, it also provides the many other health benefits unique to essential oils.
However, this must be qualified by two critical points:
- The essential oils used must be truly therapeutic-grade; and
- The essential oils must not be heated in order to disperse their fragrance. (See the article: So what's wrong with my scented candle?)
What are the benefits of diffusing essential oils with an ultrasonic or cold-air diffuser?
Among its many benefits, diffusing essential oils can:
- release oxygenating molecules into the air. This (at least in theory) increases atmospheric oxygen. These oxygenating molecules, as well as the effects of the fragrance itself, can
- lift your mood and soothe your emotions, creating an atmosphere of peace and harmony. They can also
- invigorate you, energizing your mind and body, without making you feel wired.
Conversely, they can also
- promote relaxation, without making you feel groggy or putting you to sleep, and leave you feeling refreshed, not tired,
- help to calm your nerves and lessen tension and stress,
- create a sense of calm and well-being, bringing harmony to the mind and body, and
- enhance and sustain focus and promote healthy throught processes, promote mental alertness and sharpens focus while studying or reading.
Diffusing essential oils can also:
- help you with your weight loss plan,
- support healthy immune function,
- create a sense of calm and well-being, bringing harmony to the mind and body,
- cleanse and purify the air.
I've also found that diffusing essential oils has rid our home of spiders and mice. Now, if it would only stop our dog from shedding … .
Without question, diffusing therapeutic-grade essential oils has the ability to enhance your life in almost every way.