Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) Oil from dōTERRA®
Supports healthy circulation, aids digestion, soothes nerves and lessens anxious feelings
→ Sesquiterpenes (up to 60%):
β-caryophyllene (up to 35%)
→ Monoterpenes (up to 70%):
Black pepper, from dōTERRA®, is stimulating and highly antioxidant essential oil. It has been shown to support healthy circulation, aid the digestive system and soothe nerves and lessen anxious feelings. Black pepper is also a wonderful flavor enhancer. But use sparingly. A little goes a long way.
5 mL bottle.
About from dōTERRA®:
Black pepper, from dōTERRA®, is a multi-purpose, certified pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil (CPTG®), extracted, through steam distillation, from the unripe, red fruit of the Piper nigrum plant. It yields an essential oil with a hot, sharp, fruity, spicy aroma. The fruit is best known as a common cooking spice, that enhances the flavor of foods; but its oil has other internal and topical benefits that are equally noteworthy.
- Black pepper essential oil is high in the chemical compounds groups monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, known for their antioxidant activity and ability to help ward off environmental and seasonal threats.
- Black pepper supports healthy circulation, both internally and externally; but it should be used with caution, when applied topically, due to its strong warming sensation.
- Black pepper aids the digestion of foods, making it an ideal oil to cook with and enjoy both for its flavor and internal benefits.
Primary benefits of black pepper oil
- A wonderful flavor enhancer
- Rich source of antioxidants
- Supports healthy circulation
- Aids digestion
- Enhances food flavor
- Helps ward off environmental and seasonal threats
- Soothes nerves and lessens anxious feelings
Uses for black pepper oil
- Combine one to two drops with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil, to soothe sore muscles and joints, or to warm the skin during cold weather.
- Diffuse, or inhale directly, to soothe anxious feelings
- Take one to two drops daily, in veggie caps, when seasonal threats are high.
- Add to meats, soups, entrees and salads, to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.
How to use:
dōTERRA's black pepper oil is intended for aromatic, topical or internal use. It should be diluted for sensitive skin.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilution is not required, for anything but sensitive skin; but it is recommended that you dilute with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil to minimize any likely skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.