Frankincense (Boswellia frereana, B. carterii, B. sacra) Essential Oil from dōTERRA®
Powerful immune-boosting and mood elevating properties
→ Monoterpenes (up to 90%):
α- & β-pinenes (43%)
α-terpinene, camphene, α-phellandrene
→ Sesquiterpenes (<10%):
→ Alcohols (<5%):
The α-Copaene molecule: One of the sesquiterpene compounds in frankincense oil.
Frankincense is a truly unique essential oil, with a rich, warm and spicy aroma, that promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and overall well-being, while supporting healthy immune function and promoting cellular health. One of the gifts given to Christ at His birth, it was considered to be more valuable than gold.
15 mL bottle.
About frankincense oil:
Frankincense is from the Burseraceae family (resinous trees and shrubs), and is found in three primary species: Boswellia frereana, B. carterii and B. sacra. The oil is steam distilled from the gum or resin, yielding an oil with a warm, spicy, clean aroma, and has high levels of α-pinene.
As the king of oils, frankincense is perhaps the most precious of the ancient oils. Renowned as one of the most-prized and precious of the essential oils, its notoriety extends back to the ancient Egyptians, who used its resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. The Babylonians and Assyrians would burn frankincense in religious ceremonies.
Mentioned frequently in Old Testament, frankincense was part of the holy anointing oil. And, of course, frankincense was one of the gifts given to the Christ child, and it is mentioned in the book of Revelation as a traded commodity, even into the last days.
Frankincense is highly sought after by modern consumers, as well, with a body of centuries-old knowledge contributing to its many uses. It is known to have many, extraordinary, benefits to your health, both internally and externally. It's soothing and beautifying properties can be used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes. It is known to promote cellular health and help to build and maintain a healthy immune system, supporting healthy immune system function. And, when inhaled or diffused, frankincense induces feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and overall wellness.
Whether used aromatically, topically or internally, frankincense can be consumed daily for its many internal benefits.
More about frankincense oil
Like all essential oils, frankincense brings a complexity and synergy, through its many beneficial compounds and structures. Among these are sesquiterpenes, which help to promote feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and a sense of overall wellness.
Primary benefits of frankincense oil
- Helps build and maintain a healthy immune system
- Promotes cellular health
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and rejuvenates skin
- Supports healthy immune system function
- Promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and overall wellness
Common uses for frankincense oil
- Rub frankincense on your hands, after a long day of gardening or working, to support healthy immune system function.
- Apply to the face, to reduce the appearance of blemishes and rejuvenate the skin.
- Applied to the bottoms of feet, to promote feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and an overall sense of wellness.
How to use:
Frankincense is mild enough to be used without dilution, in most instances.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While frankincense oil is gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.