Lime (Citrus aurantifolia) Essential Oil from dōTERRA®
Stimulating and refreshing citrusy scent, powerful cleanser
→ Monoterpenes (up to 80%):
α- & β-pinenes
Lime oil has a distinctively sharp, citrusy scent, making it a favorite among essential oils. It has stimulating and refreshing properties, that can affect mood, promoting emotional balance and a sense of well-being. It supports healthy immune function, and can be used as an aromatic, topical and internal cleanser.
15 mL bottle.
About Lime oil from dōTERRA®:
Limes are frequently used in entrées and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavor. In the 18th century, British sailors drank lime juice daily, to prevent scurvy while at sea, thus giving British seamen the nickname "Limeys".
Lime oil is cold pressed (expressed) from the rind (peel) of the Citrus aurantifolia fruit, yielding an oil with a citrus, tart, sweet aroma, with a high content of d-limonene, α- & β-pinenes and γ-terpinene. It is refreshing and stimulating, in both aroma and taste.
Lime essential oil supports healthy immune function. Due to its high limonene content, it provides excellent internal cleansing benefits, and can be diffused to help cleanse the air. It's also an effective and natural surface cleaner.
Lime is also known for its ability to promote emotional balance and a sense of well-being, positively affecting mood, with its stimulating and refreshing properties.
Primary benefits of lime oil
- A powerful antioxidant that supports healthy immune function
- Positively affects mood, with stimulating and refreshing properties
- Can be used as an aromatic, topical and internal cleanser
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
Uses for lime oil
- Diffuse, to cleanse the air and uplift your mood.
- Put some lime on a cotton pad, to help remove grease spots and sticker residue.
- Add a drop of lime to your drinking water, for enhanced flavor and antioxidants.
- Add 1 drop to your facial cleanser or shampoo, for added cleansing properties.
How to use:
Lime oil is intended for aromatic, topical or internal use. Dilute for sensitive skin.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilution with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil is recommended, to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
For aromatic, topical or dietary use.