Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) Essential Oil from dōTERRA®
Powerful cleansing properties, promotes emotional balance and well-being
Chemo-type: Myrrh Sesquiterpenoid
→ Sesquiterpenes (up to 75%):
Bowl of myrrh resin
Myrrh has been used in many ways, throughout history. In ancient Egypt, it was used for everything from meditation to embalming and religious ceremonies.
Modern herbalists frequently recommend myrrh for its cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat. It is also excellent for the skin, soothing it and promoting a smooth, youthful-looking complexion. It also promotes emotional balance and a sense of well-being.
15 mL bottle.
About myrrh oil:
Myrrh oil has been used for centuries, both for its internal and external health benefits. Referenced in the Bible as the Balm of Gilead, it has been used throughout history as a perfume, incense and medicine. It was also employed in everything from embalming to religious ceremonies.
Ancient records show that myrrh was deemed so valuable that, at times, it was valued at its weight in gold. It
Myrrh oil is steam distilled from the gummy resin of the small, thorny Commiphora myrrha tree, yielding an oil with a hot, smoky, herbaceous, woody, dry aroma, high in the chemical compounds of myrrh sesquiterpenoid and curzerene.
Primary benefits of myrrh oil
- Powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat
- Soothing to the skin; promotes a smooth, youthful-looking complexion
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
Uses for myrrh oil
- Add 1–2 drops to toothpaste, for added cleansing benefits and to promote oral health.
- Diffuse, to help promote emotional balance and a sense of well-being.
- Add to your lotion or moisturizer, to soothe the skin and promote a smooth, youthful-looking complexion.
How to use:
Myrrh oil is intended for aromatic, topical or internal use. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.