Deep Blue® Rub from dōTERRA®
Rich topical cream, infused with the Deep Blue® Soothing Blend
dōTERRA's Deep Blue® Rub is a rich, topical cream, infused with Deep Blue® Soothing Blend of certified pure therapeutic-grade essential oils, that provides targeted comfort to tired and sore joints and muscles. Formulated with a proprietary blend of natural plant extracts, and other powerful ingredients, Deep Blue® Rub provides a comforting sensation of cooling and warmth to problem areas.
4 oz tube.
More about Deep Blue® Rub
Deep Blue® Rub is blended in a base of moisturizing emollients, that leave your skin feeling soft — not greasy. Each tube contains nearly 5 mL of dōTERRA's top-selling Deep Blue®: Soothing Blend, and is the choice of massage therapists and sports practitioners, who currently use dōTERRA's Deep Blue® essential oil blend in their practice.
Deep Blue® Rub is an essential addition to your bathroom cabinet, gym bag or first aid kit.
The primary benefits of Deep Blue® Rub
- Provides temporary comfort to tired and sore muscles and joints.
- Provides a comforting sensation of cooling and warmth to problem areas.
- Supports circulation to muscles and joints, when used as a massage medium.
What makes Deep Blue® Rub unique?
There really is no other product on the market today that is like Deep Blue® Rub. Here is why:
- Deep Blue® Rub is formulated with dōTERRA's proprietary Deep Blue®: Soothing Blend of Certified Pure Therapeutic-Grade® essential oils — with close to 5 mL of oil per 4 oz tube.
- It includes other natural plant extracts and powerful ingredients, including camphor, menthol, eucalyptus, wintergreen and capsicum.
- Its moisturizing formula leaves skin soft and smooth; not greasy, like other muscle rubs (and it smells great).
- It provides a convenient medium for applying Deep Blue®: Soothing Blend in massage or sports therapy applications.
- It is formulated according to dōTERRA's "None of the Bad" philosophy. That means, Deep Blue® Rub is made according to dōTERRA's policy of not using any harmful ingredients, including artificial colors, diethanolamine (DEA), formaldehyde donors, parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), sodium laurel sulfate (SLS), toluene or triethanolamine (TEA).
Key ingredients used in Deep Blue® Rub
Deep Blue® Rub, from dōTERRA®, contains the following key ingredients:
- The Deep Blue® essential oil blend of wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, Blue tansy, German chamomile, helichrysum and osmanthus.
- Menthol, which provides a cooling effect.
- Eucalyptus, which helps to soothe tired, sore joints and muscles. (Note: Deep Blue® Rub use another species of eucalyptus, Eucalyptus globulus, in this formulation.
- Wintergreen, which supports circulation and brings warmth to the affected area.
- Capsicum frutescens (chili pepper) extract, which gives a warming effect, by triggering heat receptors in surface tissues.
Who should use this product?
Deep Blue® Rub is beneficial for adults seeking temporary comfort for tired and sore muscles and joints, associated with strenuous physical activity, or the discomfort associated with advanced aging. It is not recommended for young children with sensitive skin.
How to use:
Massage a pea-sized amount of Deep Blue® Rub into affected muscles, joints and other surface tissues of the body. Repeat, if necessary.
Cautions: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use on wounds or damaged skin. Do not bandage tightly after application or use with a heating pad. If a raised area of redness appears after application, discontinue use. Keep out of reach of children, to avoid accidental ingestion. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
dōTERRA's Deep Blue® Rub contains: Water, Gaultheria procumbens (wintergreen) leaf oil, Cinnamomum camphora (camphor) bark oil, menthol, cetearyl alcohol, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, Mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, Capsicum frutescens (chili pepper) extract, caprylic/capric triglyceride, butylene glycol, Chamomilla recutita (Blue chamomile) flower oil, Tanacetum annuum (Blue tansy) oil, Helichrysum italicum (helichrysum) flower oil, allantoin, Gardenia florida (gardenia) fruit extract, Osmanthus fragrans (osmanthus) flower extract, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Chlorella vulgaris (chlorella) extract, retinyl palmitate, squalane (from olive oil), Ceteareth-20, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, xanthan gum, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, polysorbate 60, maltodextrin, Sodium PCA, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate.
Note: I have received a few inquiries from those who are troubled that this is not a "natural" product. By "natural", of course, they mean "botanical". And, while dōTERRA® has included some wonderful botanicals in the Deep Blue® Rub, they have also relied on the best that science has to offer, to provide you with a safe and effective product.
The basic position of dōTERRA® is that laboratory-created ingredients are not necessarily bad, just because they are not "natural". dōTERRA® fully investigates all ingredients, to be sure that they are safe. One lab study that says something might be harmful does not create consensus.
As for providing pure, healthy, natural ingredients to promote health and well being, the slogan used to be (I haven't heard it lately), "The best of science, the best of nature", with a firm "no harm" policy.
I agree completely that, just because the FDA says something is safe, doesn't mean it is safe. The product developers at dōTERRA® agree with this, as well. But they don't rely just on FDA findings. They research the available studies, and only approve an ingredient for use in dōTERRA® products when the proponderance of scientific evidence shows that the ingredient is safe.
dōTERRA® sticks to a strict None of the Bad policy in all of its products. This means that, when you use Deep Blue® Rub, you can be sure that you are using a product that blends the best of nature and science, to give you a lotion that really works and is safe to use.